Positive Behaviour Support for Learning (PBS4L) is a whole school program that actively promotes positive behaviour.
It enables students to develop a clear understanding of required expectations, become responsible for their own behaviour and work together to create a positive, productive and harmonious learning community.
Our words and actions are kind and caring
We keep our self and others safe
We show the 5Ls when sitting on the floor
How can parents support this process?
- Ask questions if you’re not sure of something
- Be involved in surveys and meetings where possible as parent voice is important
- Talk to your child about PBS4L
- Have a open problem solving approach to incidents that have happened at school
- Be part of this positive culture as research shows this framework improves both student and staff wellbeing, social behaviour as well as student academic outcomes
Expected behaviours defined
PBS4L recommends having 3-5 overarching expectations around behaviour. At trinity we are…